Monday, June 1, 2020

Imagine Your Story Week 1


June 1st - All About You!


The first type of story we are going to play with is one closest to ourselves.  We are going to talk about our families and our own lives.


I have found several picture books that we will read this week that the author is writing about their own family.  This type of story is called a personal narrative.


STORYTIME!

The Baby Sister by Tomie dePaola (Be sure to watch for all of the old pictures at the beginning of the story.)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NF3iSM4yvF8



This week we are going to be working our Family Trees.  You can talk to your parents, grandparents, uncles and aunts.  They will be able to help you find the information that you need.  I will be showing you several different types of family trees that you can choose from. 


I have been working on my family tree with my parents for many years now.  I loved to sit with my grandparents and listen to the stories that they told me.  I have even written some of those stories down, so I would not forget them.


Here are several files that you can have your parents help you download and print.


https://www.familytreemagazine.com/wp-content/uploads/kids_pdf/ancestor.pdf



https://www.familytreemagazine.com/wp-content/uploads/kids_pdf/familygroup.pdf


https://www.familytreemagazine.com/kids/buildyourfamilytree/


There are all sorts of ways that we can display our family tree.  I will be showing you several ways that you can see my family tree in my house. 



CRAFT TIME!

For our craft this week you will be creating your own family tree.  Once you have finished your version please post it as a comment or have your parents send it to me and I will post it here on the blog.  I am looking forward to seeing what you come up with!


Here are a couple of sample ideas for you to think about.  Think of the best ways to display the information you have.  Do you want it to be a 3-D tree like my photo tree?  Will you make a scrapbook of your information?  How about a painting?  Every one of our trees will look different.  


                         


WRITING TIME!

This week we will be writing a personal narrative.  This means it will be a true story of something that actually happened in our lives.  I have found a series of videos that we will be using to help us write our personal narratives this week.  I will post one or two of these videos for you to watch each day.  By Friday we should all have a personal narrative story finished and published  - Ready to share with the world!  It would be great if we could share our stories here.  Ella and I will be reading our stories for you on Friday.


This is the first video.  It is about getting our idea for our personal narrative.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AxInWagSaA0



Here is the second video.  This will help us to plan out our story.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nBQ8dU0KPtg






No comments:

Post a Comment

Imagine Your Story - Week 1

June 5 - All About You! STORYTIME! my story Ella's story ACTIVITY TIME! Time Capsule A time capsule is a container that hold items ...